Oversees the data collection, analysis and reporting for the evaluation of Early Grades Learning initiatives.
Nature and Scope:
The primary purpose of this role is to fulfill local evaluation needs for programs and initiatives in the early grades (pre-kindergarten through third). The person in this role will work closely with the Office of Early Learning, Project Impact, Instructional Services, and Research and Evaluation to develop and maintain appropriate databases and reporting mechanisms. The successful candidate will have demonstrated facility with PC environments including data management and statistical analysis packages, and will have knowledge in statistics, research design and program evaluation methodology. The minimum educational background is a Masters Degree in Educational Research & Measurement or a related field, and/or extensive experience in an educational research setting. Experience and training in Child Development research is highly desirable. Work is supervised by the Director of Research and Evaluation and the Early Learning Coordinator and is evaluated through conferences, review of finished products, and feedback from administrators.
Illustrative Examples of Work:
Provide leadership to the development and design of early learning program evaluation studies.
Create and maintain longitudinal databases for studies of program implementation and student outcomes.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Expertise in program evaluation methodology.
- Understanding of early childhood assessments and metrics
- Demonstrated knowledge of early childhood education and research related to the learning of young children.
- Demonstrated facility with PC environments including data management and statistical analysis packages.
- Expertise in statistics and research design.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written forms.
- Ability to effectively work as a member of a team.
Master’s Degree in Educational Research and Measurement or extensive experience working in an educational evaluation setting (minimum four years’ experience).