|Clover Garden||Job posting 422387|
|2454 Altamhaw Union Ridge Road, Burlington, North Carolina, 27217||Job posted as of Oct 12, 2017,12:01 AM EST Until Filled|
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
In the absence of the classroom teacher, the substitute is responsible for providing instruction and managing the learning environment. The position reports to the Director/Principal/FHRM.
• Sign in the front security office upon arrival at the school.
• Maintain the established routines and procedures of the school and classroom to which assigned.
• Follow the lesson plans provided by the absent teacher.
• Interact in a professional manner with students and parents.
• Encourage, monitor, and promote student progress.
• Maintain student confidentiality.
• Assume the responsibility for overseeing pupil behavior in the classroom, during lunch, activity periods, and out-of-class settings.
• Provide a brief report in writing on the day’s activities at the conclusion of each day for the teacher.
• Work cooperatively with all school administration.
• Follow all policies, rules, and procedures to which teachers are subject and which good teaching practice dictates.
• Adhere to the established policies and regulations of the School Board.
• Perform other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Must have knowledge or familiarity with a school process; knowledge of the principals and methodologies of effective teaching.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE High School Diploma or GED. A comparable amount of training and experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS Significant standing, walking, moving, climbing, carrying, bending, kneeling, crawling, reaching, handling, pushing, and pulling. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks.