|Oxford Preparatory School||Job posting 465136|
|6041 Landis Rd, Oxford, North Carolina, 27565||Job posted as of Jan 29, 2020,12:01 AM EST Until Filled|
Job title and Classification
· The school nurse is employed by (Oxford Preparatory School).
· The school nurse serves: (the main Landis Rd. campus).
· The position is (part time 20 hours per week; 10 month hourly wage position).
· The hourly wage will be $25 per hour.
Primary Purpose Statement
· The professional school nurse is responsible for planning, implementing, coordinating and evaluating school health services within the context of the Coordinated School Health Program Model.
· The school nurse serves in the roles of program manager/ coordinator, case manager/direct care provider, collaborator/advocate, educator and counselor for the assigned schools.
Duties, Responsibilities and Essential Job Functions
This professional school nursing position within the district is responsible for
planning, implementing, coordinating and evaluating school health services that:
· Maximize the quantity of in-class time by reducing the incidence of health related absenteeism
· Eliminate or minimize health problems which impair learning
· Promote the highest degree of independent functioning possible
· Promote student, staff and community awareness of and participation in healthy behaviors
The school nurse will provide:
Standards of Care
· Assessment: Collects comprehensive data pertinent to the client’s health or situation
· Diagnosis: Analyzes the assessment data to determine the diagnosis or issues
· Outcomes Identification: Identifies expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the client or situation
· Planning: Develops a plan that prescribes strategies and alternatives to attain expected outcomes
· Implementation: Implements the identified plan through coordination of care, health teaching and health promotion and consultation to influence the identified plan, enhance the abilities of others and effect change.
· Evaluation: Evaluates progress towards attainment of outcomes
Performance and Work Load Standards.
At a minimum, the school nurse may be expected to: